As UrCue is an unknown in the Philadelphia theater community, our primary marketing focus will be to create awareness for the UrCue app through many marketing channels and tactics outlined here.
How will UrCue DRIVE awareness?
The primary focus of the UrCue content strategy will be on sponsored content, creating awareness of the UrCue App as it is an unknown in the theater community. The end result will be meeting loyal, under 50, theater audiences with our messaging and turning them into UrCue subscribers by emphasizing our convenience, flexibility, and community-minded approach in contrast to our competitors.
UrCue will work to build out a website with a blog, download page and signup/contact us page for general engagement. This will allow UrCue to drive traffic back to our site over the theater’s site to monitor engagement with the ads as well as downloads of the app. The primary channels will be social, SEO/Paid Search and native advertising. UrCue will focus social efforts on Instagram and Facebook. Not only does this meet our target audience on social, it also takes advantage of two highly visual social networks to promote theater offerings with high quality production images. Email will be a strategic channel once a database has been built to support the channel; list trades with partner theaters will help UrCue quickly build out our database with local theater-goers.
UrCue content strategy will drive awareness for theaters in Philadelphia through geo-fencing, push notifications, and promoted content. As we build out the app and our B2B customer base, our strategy will need to be continually evaluated and formalized to avoid being “to pushy” to the customer and at the same time meet the needs of theaters getting “butts in the seats” – the purpose of our app.
Primary Archetype: Community – UrCue will work to build a larger theater community by creating a central, social space to locate and discuss local events.
Secondary Archetype: Presence – UrCue will make more people aware of theater performances in the larger Philadelphia community with ads, fun facts, giveaways, and other entertainment features.
Website and Blog: Write content driven by SEO and trending topics to drive traffic to the UrCue download site and inform customers of the value of the app and why they should download it.
Download Page: Value of app and features, price structure, and app store download links.
Signup/Contact page: Signup for updates, news, and contact us for general questions; data capture to grow the database for future UrCue marketing efforts.
Social Media: Focused on Instagram and Facebook; sponsoring ads with partnered theaters.
Example – Usage of countdown sticker on Instagram Stories to set an end date and time for show. User generated content post-event.
SEO/Paid Search: Researching trending topics related to theater’s and local searches like “What to do in Philly (Philadelphia) on Friday night?”, “Events this weekend near me”, “Top Places to Visit in Philly (Philadelphia)”, “Things to do with my family in Philadelphia”, etc.
Native Advertising: Partnering with local theater for a paid blog post and program ads; Influencer co-sponsored ads; local affiliate marketing opportunities
Examples may include ads or sponsorship’s in:
Phillymag.com and sponsor their Things to do in Philly post
Broadway World – Pennsylvania, click here for an example page
Sponsor a YouTube Video for Dance Nation on the Wilma’s channel
Geo Targeting: Targeting active users when in close proximity to a theater, restaurant or others who have bought advertising in the UrCue App
Push Notifications: Notification when a new event is added, new theater added to UrCue, Your favorite actor is at an event
In-app Promotions: Bought ad placement in the UrCue App that would support other venues connected to the theater community such as restaurant and parking partnerships.
Promoted Content: Paid and boosted events, theaters, actors, etc.
The UrCue target audience is in the Philadelphia area, UrCue will use localized marketing in our social and SEO/Paid Search efforts. We will target by physical location as well as local’s search patterns and the intent of their searches. As UrCue primarily benefits mobile users, we can focus on device and carrier demographics related to each persona and re-targeting in various channels. The specific segmentation will be built out over time as UrCue learns more about our personas and the needs of the theater community as it relates to sponsoring their content.
Launch Campaign Activation Timeline:
Our launch strategy will be played out over 8 weeks. We’ll tease the app for the first few weeks to build some excitement and then fully implement our social strategy with paid ads, outbound marketing, and social updates. We will continue to keep our audience engaged with the app during our final two-week-push to spread the word on social about the awesome theater app everyone just downloaded!
Our SMART Goal for app launch campaign is to have a 20% landing page conversion to download the app, resulting in 25% of our target market downloading the app over the 6 weeks of the 8-week campaign (2 weeks are pre-promotion).
App Pre-Launch Website and Final Landing Page
Landing page will contain:
- Video that shows key features for UrCue
- The squeeze-page will have a call to action to collect emails and prospective app users
- Pre-launch email blasts are initiated for countdown to launch date and updates from email list
- The landing page will have user-tested reviews and preliminary reviews for wow factor
- Below page fold will have directed links to social media.
Post-launch, this page will be converted to UrCue Landing Page, and from this point forward domain authority and page rank is to be established for full website. This milestone will attract Influencers and Actors, as well other interested affiliate, cross-promotional parties.
SEO & SEM Initiatives from Website:
- Display and Search Campaigns – can repurpose content as need, but must be in-line with current theatrical releases and events
- Keywords focusing on specific productions and titles that are relatable to our target audience; as well as using negative keywords to avoid unwanted traffic
- Implement respective UTM tracking codes for monitoring campaign effectiveness
- Use “Broad Match Modified” in Google Ads to for better match-type with Millennials
- Match keywords that trigger our audience in matched phrase queries
- Targeting people in the Philadelphia area using geolocation through mobile IP and zip code data
- For better ranking, add Google Maps and Blog Pages respective to events
- Relevant Blogs and Cross-promotions, from: influencers, publications, and bloggers for secure backlinks and solid reviews
All this will be used to gauge success through analytical tools.
Facebook and Instagram
Social-Live Event for APP Launch
Content will be shared 1-3x daily highlighting UrCue Features, Incentives or Events
- Event Hashtag #urcuelaunch
- Countdown Clock featured on Facebook with product bio
- Both Instagram and Facebook will have the continuity of Brand, with logo and specs.
- All social platforms & ads will have app link so UrCue app can be accessed easily
- All events will have a compelling event description
- Facebook and Instagram Paid Ads, Vids illustrating App and stating launch date
Digital Live Event Featuring (Date of Launch):
- Podcast with Actors and Influencers
- Sneak-Peak of coming shows in Your Area Vid Sponsored by UrCue
- Meet the UrCue team at a live event
UrCue providing a solution for users, Marketing Tactics
- Display Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Facebook and Instagram Paid Ads
App Store Optimization
- Good App Title with relevant Keywords – App title will be “UrCue”
- Keywords will include features and value proposition
- For better Ranking w/ best Keyword Practices
- Achieve Editors Choice by pitching to App Store Editorial
Social Media Updates – Facebook and Instagram
- Promote App with features
- Boost Facebook posts
- Add Conversion Pixels in Facebook
- Theatrical Influencers and Actors will post on Instagram
- In-App messages for greater App usage
- Notifications and Updates Featured on Facebook
- Initiatives for “great reviews” with tactical pop-ups in-app
- Engagement Reminders for posting Reviews on App through Facebook
- Contests and Giveaways to increase engagement on social
- Promos through referral services
Remainder of budget upon finale of 8 weeks (or advent of Phase II of app build-out) will show an uptick in media buying, to aid sharp increases in organic downloads and user-base growth.
User Reviews & Metrics to be assessed post 8 Week Campaign:
- Email marketing (Deliverability, Open Rates, Unsubscribe Rate, CTR, Conversion Rates)
- Referral traffic
- Directory listings
- Press reviews, consumer reviews
- Facebook, Instagram (reach, cost per result, total clicks, CTR, CPC)