Attendees: Amy, Becca, Hometown Digital Team
Welcome local Medians – Amy thought that was funny. Memo was really nice – do a good job of outlining why Media/engaging locals. But not everything has been designed yet in the prototype. We still need to do the copy for the events and the experiences.
Does the prototype need to be 100% completed? We don’t need it to be fully built out, doesn’t need to be every restaurant. We need to build out the features of whatever we are going to do for one example.
We have 15 minutes to present – prototype in 2.5 to 3 minutes, so we should narrow our scope to showing off the features – need to add community engagement features.
KPIs – need to be SMART – how are we going to measure? Go back to notes from 5101. Should be in the deck and in the memo. Need to see measurability and specificity.
How much overlap should we have between what we’re doing with Kim & Greg? Work that we are doing is supportive of the capstone but they are grading us on the 9 deliverables.
- Example – Don’t need a ton of information on the persona – only add it if it they add value – example – getting empathy for the buyer journey.
- Want to go back to the story behind our idea – this our strategy. We are presenting to investors – they are media. Our job is to convince them to invest in us.
- What’s compelling? Point out a problem and show how we are going to address the problem.
- Don’t necessarily need to show what our social media posts will look like – need to focus more on marketing channels
- A persuasive presentation that will pitch our ideas
What are we missing in our deck?
- The why – we need to have our data analysis in there. Tell me why.
- Lititz, PA is spelled wrong on our competitor slide
- Need a better way to visualize the competitor rather than bullet points – more infographic style, visually represent the content
- Move from informational reporting to storytelling – the Media difference – I don’t have to tell you but Media is really cool place blah blah blah. Then – what is the story we are trying to tell? What does Changing How Media Does Business mean?
- Use phrasing – “I’m sure you know…”
- Make it a key quantifiable problem
- Assume that they know what we are talking about
- Use the word “our” – establish that we are on the same time.
- The value is how we present our quick facts to support our idea
- “Media is amazing!”
- Slide 10, 11 – less tactical information
We should aim for 12 slides – a minute a slide – shove everything in the appendices and put it on the project site