As we aim to connect patrons with their ideal bar or restaurant experience, research indicates preferences which Social Llamma can leverage, including:
- Smartphone usage
- Location and Convenience
- Establishment type
- Specials, promotions and loyalty programs
What to eat, drink and where to go: Smartphone Usage
Of 25-35 year olds are likely to research new restaurants on a smartphone
People have a restaurant app on their phone
Of frequent diners (8-10 times/week) have restaurant-specific apps on their phone
When searching on a smartphone….
Smartphone users are comfortable with using their devices in researching restaurants, making reservations, browsing menus and finding locations.
Handheld devices have become key tools in helping with the decision-making process
Where do you want to go: Deciding Factors
- 69% of restaurant-goers are looking for places that are conveniently located.
- 48% are looking for menu options that fit their needs
- 35% are looking for locations which offer specials
Night out or special occasion: What’s Important?
The reason a person goes out impacts where they want to go and the type of environment they want to dine or drink in.
- For special occasions, people are more likely to try somewhere they’ve never been
- Special occasions also warrant quieter environments where restaurant-goers can enjoy their experience at their leisure.
- Customers are overall more likely to visit somewhere familiar to them, but are also willing to try something new.
- On the weekend, not being rushed is key
I’ve gotta come back: Reasons for Return Visits
Customers are likely to return to a bar or restaurant with which they’re familiar, but what motivates a customer to come back?
- 55% are influenced by coupons and promotions
- 50% look for happy-hour specials and deals with discounted food or beverages during special hours
- 45% will return for seasonally inspired menu offerings and limited-time items
- 41% find loyalty programs a key motivator
- 32% are influenced by high ratings and positive reviews
Source: Lightspeed GMI/Mintel
Base: 1,861 internet users aged 21+ who have visited a restaurant in the past three months