PROPOSED APP CAPABILITIES
Front-Face Key Scan
Trip Planning & Live View
Perks & Rewards
The SEPTA Key Mobile App expressly creates a multi-purpose app which embeds SEPTA’s current applications into a consolidated consortium of enterprise functions within the app. The new app will provide greater functionality and be more engaging to the user.
Current SEPTA Mobile Apps
- The SEPTA Scheduler App: Provides the consumers with the ability to monitor the status of SEPTA trains, buses, trolleys, and to check schedules.
- See Something, Say Something App: Allows consumers to report incidents to law enforcement
New Application Modules (Phase 1):
- Auto-Loading – Develop a mobile app module which provides the ability for auto-loading versus going through the tedious website loading and payment process
- Front Face Scanning – Swipe iPhone or Android in front of barcode scanner instead of Key Pass for access
- Notifications – Provides alert notifications of low balance, police activities, environmental issues, games, etc.
- Gamifying Rides – Through the mobile app notification system, SEPTA could deliver fun interactive games or experiences which promote riders to participate (Example: Pokémon Go Style). It would allow SEPTA to channelize activities toward certain underutilized routes. Location services would be required in order to exploit this effort.
New Application Modules (Phase 2):
- Rewards – A rewards capable mobile app when coupled with advertisements have the potential in providing opportunities for SEPTA to fill some of the vacant seats
- Advertising – Advertising via the mobile app could provide SEPTA with the ability to partner with firms or brands to solicit their products and services. The advertising proceeds have the potential of providing value to SEPTA’s bottom line. Location services would be required in order to exploit this effort.
IMPACT OF TECHNOLOGY
Future Growth Prospects
The new app provides additional opportunities to engage customers through:
Notifications, advertisements, rewards
Creates a modern mobile user experience
The ability to capture more market share
Draw riders towards public transportation (SEPTA)
Capture competitors users/customers