Many companies have had to adjust to COVID and the digital transformations that have taken place over the past several months. Many consumers have turned to e-commerce and shopping online to avoid human interaction. There’s been a 129% year-over-year growth in U.S. & Canadian e-commerce orders as of April 21 and an impressive 146% growth in all online retail orders. Now more than ever company’s websites and their user design are important. According to Noupe.com the following reasons are why it’s so important to invest in UX during COVID.
- Investing in UX design helps to reduce your overall costs to the maximum.
- User Experience helps you to increase your leads and thus convert into potential customers.
- UX design improves your SEO rankings
- Advantage 4: UX design improves your brand loyalty.
- UX Design increases word of mouth referrals.
COVID has forever changed the digital world and e-commerce. According to Forbes, “Stay-at-home orders will eventually be lifted state by state, but in the interim, there are millions of consumers creating and reinforcing new online buying behaviors and habits. In many families, online grocery, apparel, and entertainment shopping will replace store and mall visits permanently until a vaccine is available.” Now more than ever designers must remember the 6 design principles of Norman and ensure they are being implemented with e-Commerce sites to help retain customers during these times.