KIERSTEN E. SHANK
Philadelphia, PA 610-389-4740
INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS/ SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
Creative, flexible and savvy communicator with diverse experience in integrated marketing communications and digital marketing. Entrepreneurial mindset, takes ownership of complex projects, identifies options, suggests solutions and always ready with a Plan B.
Cutting edge knowledge of social media, sales and marketing innovations and channels. Builds rapport quickly to succeed in initiating and determining realistic goals, monitoring progress, planning, scheduling and budgeting. Expertise in the social media landscape, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for retail, hospitality, pharmaceutical and fashion sales.
Award winning video editor for commercial and life cycle videos. International volunteer video producer at medical relief sites.
Brand Identity • Print /Digital Advertising • Social Media Content Management Website Design • Email Marketing • Motion Graphic Video Production Business/Marketing Analytics
Community Relations • Corporate Contributions
Lincoln Financial Group, Radnor, PA
Marketing Manager, Retirement Planning Services, December 2017- Present
- Work with marketing mangers, creative team and stakeholders to ensure all marketing tools
and programs (print, electronic, audio) are maintained and refreshed as market, product,
customer and regulatory needs dictate.
- Responsible for meeting support follow up and invitations based on MM setup and strategy.
- Coordinates customization of materials and coordinates campaigns with fellow MMs.
- Maintain and update product specific materials as needed as well as create firm specific
versions as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating the firm filing process and firm approval notices on marketing
- Assist with implementation of DC marketing jobs including job set up and moving projects
through automated workflow system.
- Proven ability to work and coordinate across teams and product lines.
- Responsibly for implementing and maintaining a social media strategy for small market RPS
Metro Philly Management, Drexel Hill, PA
Commercial | Development and Management in Greater Philadelphia Region: Hotel, Restaurant, Event Venues and Supermarkets Marketing Coordinator, October 2016 – December 2017
- Project manager for content management production on four social media platforms: Facebook, G+, Twitter and Instagram of five distinct brands. Increased brand visibility between 20% -70% depending upon the brand.
- Manage communication strategies, plans and budgets; coordinate presence at trade shows, media buying and planning, sales promotions and direct mail campaign.
- Prepare weekly analytics of 5 brands: Courtyard Marriot, Springfield Country Club, Tavola Restaurant, Shop Rite (2) and Fresh Grocer (5) markets.
- Maintain external communications calendar and corporate contributions for Fresh Grocer/ Shop Rite stores.
EM Productions LLC, Wallingford, PA
Video Production/Marketing Communications Agency Owner, Executive Producer, January 2013 – Present
- Primary contact for 100 client requests annually for weddings and life cycle video production at venues throughout the region,
- Grew visibility by 5000% since start up using social media, presence at trade shows and coordination of weekly promotions and direct email campaigns.
- As Interim Director of Marketing for Feminist Apparel LLC, www.feministapparel.com, developed digital marketing campaign, social media platform (increased visibility by 22%) planned and coordinated promotional events and trade show presence.
- Designed and coordinated events/marketing/sales campaign on research of feminist trends.
- Researched distribution channels and uploaded approximately 10,000 products on Etsy and Amazon.
- Increased brand social media visibility 22%
- Built strong collaboration to raise presence and benefit t for profits, Career Wardrobe, Bustle and Holdback. Initiated relationship with celebrity influencer, Ariana Grande.
Recipient of Mid Atlantic Chapter Emmy Award, for Video Editing, 2013
• Production team member for “Best Long Form Non Fiction” IN THE GAME Episode 201,
PRIMO Site of the year, 10/2013 Concept Mapping video part of tutorial module
• PRIMO is peer reviewed repository of learning objects sponsored by American Library
Association ( ALA) acrl.ala.org/…/primo…/primo-site-of-the-month/november-2013-site-of- the-month/
Foundation for International Medical Relief for Children, 2014
- Traveled to Peru and Costa Rica to edit video footage for educational films about projects and practice of medical relief workers at various FIMRC clinic sites.
- Managed social media providing daily updates from clinic sites.
Temple University, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Master of Science in Digital Innovation in Marketing, Anticipate completion in 2019
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Communications, 2012