Brand advocacy is a great marketing tool, it allows companies to create a relationship with a user, who in turn could easily promote the brand out of sheer positivity and happiness. This then increases your online reviews which are very important in customer decision making. “88% of users rely on online reviewers made by other users and trust recommendations from friends and family members.”1 Nielson did a similar study and found that 84% of customers trust a recommendation from a friend or family member.2 Not only is brand advocacy a great marketing tool, but once you create that relationship with the loyal customer their word of mouth and reviews cost you nothing! But once you create this relationship you do need to make sure you keep it strong.
I found a great article by Sawaram Suthar a digital marketing strategist from Business 2 Community. He offers some great tips on creating brand advocates and keeping the relationship strong. Here are some of the top 9 ways to turn your customers into brand advocates.
- Serve Customers on Multiple Channels – Market your brand on different channels to allow your customers to engage with the ones they are most comfortable with and allowing them more options to interact on.
- Provide Shoppers Fantastic Customer Service – Going above and beyond shows your customers you appreciate them and in turn they will want to go out and show their appreciation for you!
- Use Social Media Correctly – “The more you interact with people and solve their issues on mediums like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google +, the more value you provide them, and the more they like you.”
- Offering Rewards and Loyalty Points – Offering rewards keeps your loyal customers happy and allows you to make unhappy customers happy.
- Give Them Referral Bonuses or Invite Bonuses – Create an incentive program for your customers to want to share with their friend and family, allowing them to become brand advocates and get some free points too.
- Asking for Feedback & Implement the Feedback that You Get – Surveys and social posts are great ways to hear what your customer likes and doesn’t like, that way you can keep them happy and make their experience better.
- Work as A Team Collectively and Provide Quality at All Levels – It is important to make sure all customer interactions are the same caliber, your websites, customer service, store fronts, call centers and so on must all be offering great customer service.
- Make It a Breeze To Do Business With You – Make sure the buying process is simple and user friendly, have auto populate options and save your customers information for future visits to your site.