What are Widgets?
WordPress Widgets add content and features to your Sidebar. Widgets were originally designed to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress Theme to the user. Widgets require no code experience or expertise. They can be added, removed, and rearranged.
- To access your widgets, click on the Appearances tab on the sidebar, then the Widgets subtab.
- You’ll then see a page of all the available widgets for you to add to your site
- If you don’t see a specific widget you like, you can install new ones by searching the WordPress Plugin Directory which is accessible from the WordPress Administration Plugins > Add New Screen.
- Once you find the Widget you would like to use, press the Appearance tab, then customize
- From here you will click on the Widgets tab
- Click the down arrow of Widgets
to list the already registered Widgets.
- Click Add a Widget button at the bottom of sidebar. It shows the list of available widgets.
- To arrange the Widgets within the Sidebar, drag and drop the widgets in the order you want or click Reorder link and click up arrow and down allow of each widget and click Done after the arrange operation.
- Preview your site and you should see the content from your new Widget.