NETAPP INCORPORATED, New York NY
December 2012 – Present
REGIONAL IT SPECIALIST – NEW YORK
- Provide Level 2 Desktop and Remote PC & Mac support for NetApp employees in the United States and Eastern Canada.
- Based at NetApp’s New York Office, which is the Sales Headquarters for the Americas, and supported a sales and operational staff that had $1B in sales for the Eastern Region (US), and $2.6B for the Americas.
- Travel to regional offices in the Northeastern, Midwest, Southeastern United States, and Eastern Canada to provide in person technical support for offices that do not possess a full time technician.
- Configuration and deployment of hardware, software, and peripherals such as smartphones and tablets.
DEMOCRACY PREP PUBLIC SCHOOLS, New York, NY
July 2011-June 2012
DATA & TECHNOLOGY MANAGER – HARLEM PREP CHARTER SCHOOL
- Worked collaboratively with classroom teachers to facilitate the integration of existing and emerging technology across the curriculum to improve student achievement that resulted in 34% growth in ELA proficiency, and 28% growth proficiency – the highest in NYC schools.
- Oversaw the IT quality of the school, assess and determine the quality of the school’s network, hardware, software and technology procedures for the first turnaround charter school in New York City. Develop hardware, software, and general computer user policies
- Updated the school’s technology plan, oversee budget that supports the school’s tech plan, and monitors all technology related purchases.
- Developed IT based Professional Development (PD) topics and sessions to present to staff to improve staff technical acumen.
- Served as the primary technology resource for all Democracy Prep staff and students.
MODIS, San Francisco, CA/New York, NY
May 2010 – May 2011
PROJECT MANAGER – WELLS FARGO BANK
- Directed the remediation of more than 40,000 Outlook Public Folders to ensure a more secure and efficient Exchange environment
- Identified in house PF alternative solution options as to minimalize cost, meeting with application teams and developers to assess feasibility in regards to addressing user need as a solution, and develop implementation strategy.
- Ensured that all Public Folder dependencies are addressed so that users can migrate, and no business operations that require Public Folders are compromised.
- Provided reporting to various levels of upper management of project initiatives, strategies, progress and updates. This includes but not limited to crafting documentation, setting schedules, and presenting at meetings.
MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA, New York, NY
August 2007 – August 2009
HELP DESK MANAGER
- Overhauled the technical support model to better service the growth of the company and its user community by establishing Service Level Agreements (SLA) of all Help Desk and Desktop Operations, and providing a web based online ticketing system for users and support staff.
- Oversaw Day-to-Day Operations of Level 1 and Level 2 Desktop Support to ensure all MSLO Employees are receiving first class customer support while adhering to MSLO IT and MSLO NON-IT policies and procedures.
- Provided updates of overall departmental performance via reports and meetings with Chief Information Officer, IT Directors and other stakeholders.
- Researched, Documented, Published, and Updated HelpDesk Procedures to increase HelpDesk efficiency and Customer Service
PRUDENTIAL SECURITIES/FINANCIAL – WACHOVIA SECURITIES
December 1998 – August 2007
Prudential Financial, New York, NY (August 2006 – August 2007)
PC/LAN SPECIALIST – Capital Finance Support Group
- Provided Level 2 support to home office Research and Institutional Sales groups; configuration of PC’s and laptops, upgrades of hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting any LAN software and hardware related issues within the division including 2003 Server, varied Windows operating systems, Office products, Active Directory, Remote Access and TCP/IP printing.
- Designated remote office specialist responsible for all hardware/network infrastructure upgrades and support of all remote offices including account creations, profile/server designations. removal and installation of LAN room equipment, PC’s and office equipment, including traveling to these sites to support moves and relocations.
Wachovia Securities. Charlotte, NC (July 2005 –July 2006)
ROOT CAUSE SPECIALIST / ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT
- Managed root cause activities associates Wachovia’s technical environment through the ITIL Root Cause analysis process.
- Created and oversaw virtual technical teams to determine root cause and permanently eliminate reoccurrence and risk mitigation.
- Deployed industry standard (ITIL) root cause analysis tools and techniques to effect permanent remediation of service issues.
- Organized analysis documentation and communication into a format useable to a wide audience that incorporates both technical and business customers.
Technical Services/Help Desk Manager, Wachovia Securities. Winston-Salem, NC (February 2004 – July 2005):
- Managed Level 1 Technical Support of all legacy Wachovia Securities Retail Brokerage offices in North & South America, as well as all correspondent clearing customers
- Prepared IT teams for any and all IT and firm initiatives by insuring the data center team had the training, information, and tools needed to provide superior support and service to all customers
- Analyzed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), call tracking system data, identify trends, propose solutions and implement improvements
- Ensured that upper management was informed of high impact and recurring issues through both ad-hoc and weekly reporting, as well as regular outage meetings
Project Manager, Wachovia Securities/Prudential Financial. New York, NY (June 2001 – January 2004):
- Oversaw the support of financial software platform for our largest outside firm responsible for over $15 million in transactions monthly.
- Selected and managed support staff of five (5) to provide assistance in providing Level 2 support for our largest outside contract.
- Developed and provided daily, weekly, and monthly information of support issues to Senior Management through detailed reports.
- Worked with our Operations Control Center (OCC) to do a daily morning assurance check of over 400 NT, application, and files servers as well as 200 Cisco routers that affect our US and International retail environment.
Micro Support Technician, Prudential Securities Incorporated. New York, NY (October 2000 – May 2001):
- Provided hardware and software desktop support, which included: Imaging and configuring workstations for use in the corporate environment. Administration and installation of specific department related software
Laptop/Remote Access Support, Prudential Securities Inc. New York, NY (October 1999 – September 2000):
- Provided telephone and one-to-one LAN/WAN, desktop end user support for over 11,000 users in a Windows 2000/95/98/NT environment.
Retail Help Desk Technician, Prudential Securities Incorporated. New York, NY December 1998 – September 1999
Possession of a broad range of technical knowledge and environments, which enables me to proactively resolve potential technical issues with a creative approach, with a working knowledge of ITIL Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, and Configuration Management.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, Windows Server, MAC OS X (Up to 10.10), MAC iOS, BlackBerry OS.
Hardware: PC Desktops/Laptops, MAC Desktop/Laptops, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Printers, Copiers, SMARTBoards, A/V Equipment.
Software: MS Office 2000/2004/2007/2008/2010/2011 Professional; MS Project; MS Outlook/Entourage; Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SharePoint, DNS, IMAP, POP, SMTP, TCP/IP, Networking, Cisco Telecom, Google Docs, Google Analytics, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, GWI, Web Help Desk, Apple Remote Desktop, SMS 2.0, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. RIM Blackberry Desktop, Remedy, Adobe Acrobat/Reader.
Masters of Education, 1997 – Temple University, Philadelphia, PA – Sports Marketing & Administration
Bachelor of Arts, 1996 – Temple University, Philadelphia, PA – Political Science/Pre-Law
Activities: Temple University Owls Varsity Football, Member of the BIG EAST Conference (1993-1996)