We all come across some great websites where we always what we need an instant. We can see a great site like amazon but then we also come across a website for a small business that is just doing everything wrong. They might have a pixelated hero image or an impossible to find button for that action you really want. These websites plague the internet and I wanted to highlight some recurring issues. See the list below.
Tag Team Grafix
Now during my random Google search of “bad websites” this one seemed to stick. Now let’s look at the screenshot below and see the obvious things that are wrong with this design.
- Amount of background space
- We can call this a lot of negative space that the background fills up in a distracting way.
- Hero Image not displaying
- Music played automatically
- Can literally scare the user and leave the site earlier than usual.
This site is seemingly stuck in the early 2000s world of Geocities. While a nostalgic trip, this website (still in operation), is a clear example of what not to do when making a website in 2017.
Background image, text, button and nothing else. Sure, a simplistic design works but not when it has no effort behind it.