The Master of Science – Digital Innovation in Marketing is a new type of online degree that prepares digital marketing leaders and innovators. Learn how to apply exciting new technologies and measure and interpret data with sophisticated analytics. The next generation 100% online approach integrates high engagement, networking, and professional development into a streamlined 16 month program.
- Invest in your future with a part-time program designed for working professionals
- Become a leader in driving technology enabled transformation of the marketing function
- Develop a digital marketing strategy
- Apply the latest digital innovations such as mobile, social media, location based services, and big data to marketing campaigns
- Integrate marketing, advertising, sales and logistics across physical and digital channels
- Collect, analyze, and interpret digital marketing data to inform decision-making
Structure and Schedule:
16 months: Complete the program in just a year and a half. Start in the fall and earn your diploma in four semesters, 16 months!
- Each semester: Take two courses that run on alternate weeks and leverage content each of fall 2015, spring 2016, summer 2016, and fall 2016.
- Start the integrative capstone in July 2016 and complete by January 2017.
“Two course in one” model: The model balances speed of degree completion with the responsibilities faced by working professionals. Each two course pair is engineered for efficiency in logistics (e.g., shared introductions and final presentation), course work and preparation (e.g., shared cases and reading), and assignments (e.g., shared term project). Each individual course includes:
- 7 online Learnathons on the same weeknight for 3 hours each. The last 30 minutes of each Learnathon is reserved for review and questions. The first and last Learnathons are shared across the two courses each term.
- 6 online Meetups on the same weekend day for about 1 hour. Each scheduled Meetup is hosted by the instructor and each student is required to check-in at the start. The first Meetup is shared across the two courses each term.
- Co-create to generate and share insights between the Learnathons and Meetups.
The above meetings times for two courses add up to a little less than one traditional course! The traditional model is inefficient because it repeats course introductions, duplicates course work, and forces the formation of new groups in each subsequent class. The “two course in one” model leverages leading edge technology and careful course design to eliminate redundancies and create a superior learning experience. For example, a shared term project across two courses not only reduces preparation time, it leads a more meaningful integrative learning experience.
The schedule is easy to track. All Learnathons are scheduled on the same weeknight and time and all Meetups are scheduled at the same time each weekend. The courses are interleaved into this simple model.
Note: Schedule is subject to change.
The MS Digital Innovation in Marketing is a 100% online next generation degree. The curriculum and courses are carefully structured to mix the following learning tools:
Learnathons are scheduled, intense online web meetings that include:
- Instructor led review of key concepts
- Breakout team activities
- Student led presentations
- Discussion and feedback from industry experts
Meetups are short informal sessions that facilitate networking:
- Instructor arranged, scheduled online Meetups focus on student centered discussion
- Face-to-face Meetups focus on social interaction with classmates and industry professionals
- Ad hoc online Meetups are convenient discussion sessions centered on projects or course concepts
Co-creation is contributing course content at your own pace through self-study and introspection:
- Students generate or bring in ideas, concepts, and facts and post online
- Participate in online discussion threads to reveal new insights
Continuous Professional Development is developing a powerful brand and network to enhance career goals:
- Develop a public digital identity, an “e-portfolio”, and regularly add new accomplishments from each successive course
- Engage online and face-to-face with students, graduates, and the high powered advisory council to expand your network.