Date: 8/29 ; 8:30 PM
We had a great first meeting! First, we reviewed initial feedback from our 8:00-8:30pm meeting with Amy and Rebecca. They asked some good clarifying questions and pointed us in the right direction with things to follow up on (financial model, SFF’s as a reference, mapping out the current process, etc.) Amy will send us some email contacts so we can find out more about the current SFF process.
As a group, we then reviewed the class assignment due September 11th (Situational Analysis) and worked through it together. Afterwards, we talked through the full list of deliverables for the Capstone and assigned responsibilities! We each know what to work on before we touch base again. Next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, September 11th.
- Feedback from Amy/Rebecca:
- DEI initiatives are changing everyday
- That’s a huge burden for a school when you’re trying to educate students
- Let us take this off your hands and handle the process for you.
- Front end and back end administration
- Subscription – what’s it based on (number of students pricing model)
- Implementation free and subscription fee
- Change management system – need buy in from people (process and people change)
- How do you push for the cultural change that’s needed to get people on board with the tech change – adoption and mindset issues – inform marketing surrounding the product.
- KPIS – # of student inquiries, # of resolutions
- Joe diset – sffs person at temple & jeana – key that unlocks encrypted data
- Current process – pain points
- Heres out processes changes that
- How do we approach this – Build this for temple –
- Tuportal? Vs 3rd party? – build on
- Security vs maintenance – DEI initiatives are changing everyday – we are finding new and better ways to make people safe – which is a huge burden – let us take that – give us some way to validate.
- Think about the backend administration – how easy is it for DEI folks (the actual ombuds person) Make it easy for the other side.
- Financial model – subscription base or CRM – users – subscription based on number of students. What is the model – how to effectively charge for this.
- Technology and change management support for places that onboard – new and improved tech process SaaS product that does a better job of moving in a meaningful way – People have to know how to use the technology and there should be education around it that is useful in marketing – DEI modules that are part of the change management system. Tech is only as useful as people who have bought into it.
- Culture and process change – education in addition to tech process. Building out – how do you push for culture change that will be needed for people to use tech. Broader culture informs the tech.
- How do we push this to the administration – who are the customers –
- Universities are buyer – to integrate into system – change in measurable KPIs – successful inquiries – solved complaints – how do you help them be successful.
- Joe duesette – Gina Calavazeri – Dean of students – Amy Powell – Andrea Caparelli- Title 9.
- Map current process – sad student
- Here’s how we make it better
- Map current process – for legal side
- Here’s how we make it better
- Better rough draft – in a meaningful way is helpful.
- Feedback – ask questions – different deliverables but the projects are the same – feedback from folks that are conflicting? Take in feedback and figure out best path –
- Think thoughtfully through feedback – reach out with questions.
- Mentors –
- Repository of documents in Capstone site – Brand the capstone site or use as repository. Might make a deeper connection to project.
- 2 group meetings per month – high level notes –
- Action items and following up.
- Jody Vicky
Date: 9/11 ; 7:00pm
- Getting on the same page for September 16th deliverables
- Interview with Doug Wager (Recap with Jason!)
- Backend needs streamlining, we’re on the right track!
- More people/potential users to interview
- Some feedback from current system:
- “You’re biased, you’re part of the university!”
- Ombuds is a third party – it’s not biased. Complaints will be carefully tracked + handled.
- Reviewed Project Plan as a group – website? Powerpoint?
- What’s the motivation for universities to pay for this?
- Goal is creating a seamless experience for users that creates effective action.
- We’re meeting with our student advisor tomorrow evening (9/12) at 6:30pm.