The current university system involving redress of grievances is very complex, leading to inefficiencies. Administration services including Title IX, Equal Opportunity Compliance, EDI and associated departments would be targeted as potential purchasers for the OMBUDS service. They would be approached with the OMBUDS system as an initiative that provides several essential elements.
- A third party, and thus unbiased, and secure system for the organization and collection of information acting as a redressive grievance database
- A clear go to reference point for grievance so that proper procedures are more easily followed (i.e. grievance goes through the proper steps)
- A way to comprehensively inform and communicate with those that file grievances regarding immediate and subsequent options as well as the consequences of their actions.
- A continual way to follow up with complainants and demonstrate transparency surrounding actions including a dashboard and benchmarks that outline the grievance journey through the system.
- Formal or informal inquiry?
- Local Police or no (university police or local police)?
- Was complaint on campus action or no?
- Would you like to be connected to counseling services?