Link to Project Plan using Asana here
Present Media Business Authority (MBA) of Media, Pennsylvania with a digital experience that will help them promote visiting Media in order to bring in more tourism and build back revenue for local businesses lost during the pandemic.
Our goal in Phase 1 of our plan is a complete refresh of the VisitMediaPA.com site using a mobile-first framework. In addition to the current content (listing of businesses and organizations in the Borough of Media), we will create guided digital tours of Media’s dining and shopping options that leaves visitors of the website excited to take a day trip to the small town any day of the week. Our site will allow visitors to plan and customize their experience based on curated and aggregated descriptions of local businesses.
Additionally, we will create an event calendar that is interactive and downloadable.
In later Phases, we will work to expand the site/mobile experience to support future, larger events and festivals that Media is known for, like the Music Series, Juried Art Show, and Food Festival.
- The Media Business Authority
- Additional business owners and community leaders in Media
- Young adults in the Philadelphia area looking for a day trip (in 25-mile to 50-mile radius)
- Hometown Digital – Kathy O’Donnell, Amanda Nunan, Brian Stelzer, Kassi Jata, Chand Patel, Kathryn Lund
- Mentor – Linda Descano
- Faculty Advisors: Amy Lavin & Becca Zinn
A better-organized website that will allow visitors to:
- More easily plan their visit to Media
- Discover dining options in Media
- Get directions and parking
- Promote local shops & small businesses
- Provide news of future, larger, in-person events to the community
An enhanced social media presence that leverages the MBA’s current followers but also is focused on growth:
- A social media “launch” of the new website featuring partnerships with local Philadelphia area bloggers/influencers and personalities
- Social media cross-promotion with local vendors
- Promotion via local news outlets and tourism sites
- Vlogs from locals to give advice on the best “to-do’s”