Debbie loves product features slide.
Debbie still doesn’t see the financial slide – where is that?
- Slide 15
- From Debbie: You should actually have a slide that says “Based on where we are, this is how much we’re asking for”
Our ask as of right now is $200k that gets us to 6-month mark, and then we’d re-evaluate and figure out whether we need another trounce of money
Debbie: $200k is seed money, it’s not a raise (investment?)
If we’re only raising $200k, that’s friends-and-family
The first raise we’ll do ourselves, which is $200k
The next raise which will come back in 18 months, 1 mill? 1.5 mill
I assume you put in $200k in your raise. (you each spent X to get here so far)
In the milestone of 12-24 months, that’s when we’re going to need more money. Based on the tech integrations
We want to launch the product, then release the later upgrades
We’ve invested $200k for ourselves (self-investment) and this is what we’re doing at this point. WE’re going to look for 1-1.2 million in month 12 in order to release these bigger features
*DEBBIE: We’re self-funded X amount. We’re doing a friends and-family raise of $200k. Then we’re going to do a Series A raise, which would be to 1-1.5 million.
How does this show up on a slide? Where would you put it?
- Maybe don’t add it on a slide, maybe speak to it in the notes.
It doesn’t seem comfortable to you, this is more of a presentation of what we have versus we want money for this.
**Maybe we just talk about it in a simplistic way. We’ve put in $150k of our own money (divided by each of us), we’re looking for another 200k friends and family raise. Ultimately we’ll be looking for a 1.5 million dollar raise which will release the bigger features once we’ve proven our product will be successful.
- Put it right on the growth milestones slide as the ask
Now that we’ve added features, we wonder if we even need slide 9. Do we need that whole slide, or should we put the comments of the features slide?
- These three POINTS/PILLARS/SOMETHING are why this product can/will/needs to exist (the privacy, etc. that’s in slide 9)
- You can also lead with the three pillars that we’re working towards and this is why we have the features we have – then go into the features
- Keep the slide, put it before features slide
Prototype – 2-3 minutes