We propose a web application that Zenbox clients can log in to see metrics tied to the evolution of their website. The innovation will set Zenbox Marketing apart from competitors by creating transparency around the efforts and results of Zenbox’s ongoing website content marketing and optimization services. While no local competitors offer a portal for their clients, or claim to give this level of attention to website content, we did find some larger national agencies that provide similar services. Brandpoint content marketing agency also has a hub for collaboration with clients. Newscred has a marketing management software that ties metrics to individual blog posts, but they no longer provide content marketing services.
Zenbox’s digital innovation will be a portal that provides transparency to the tangible results of Zenbox’s high-quality websites. There is no shortage of websites that offer website data reporting. Our goal is to guide the client by identifying which KPIs are most important to them and displaying those KPIs on a customizable dashboard for quick analysis. At a quick glance only a few Key Performance Metrics will be included on the first login landing page, however if the client would like to dedicate more time to dive into the data; deeper and more elaborate data is available by clicking further into the portal.
Another critical pain point we discovered is that clients often want to be able to approve everything that gets published to their website. However, they often make changes without consulting their SEOs that can be devastating to the performance of their website. We believe another key feature of the portal must be an area for approvals from both parties. Clients must approve everything that Zenbox wants to do to their website, and Zenbox must approve all client changes to the website.
This digital innovation will solve problems that were identified by interviews with small business organizations and small business owners / self-experiences.
- Need to realize that a web site isn’t just a one time event, needs to be updated all the time, like a continuous marketing program. We like to call this mindset Website Evolution.
- vendors who’ve delivered less than desirable results or who are not transparent in their approach.
- Digital tools to track project progress and post project launch analytics would be ideal for directors who are responsible for all marketing activities. Especially when the director cannot dedicate a lot of time.
- Keep expectations on track. Problems arise when one party has different expectations than the other. The more you talk and document information the better.
The digital innovation will also reinforce the feedback on what clients find most valuable in agencies
- Agency Experts are especially valuable for communicating well and explaining the importance of different aspects of the website.
- Taking a scattered concept and reorganizing the information to deliver a high-quality product.
- Creative with a purpose – utilizing data to make informed decisions.
- Clients want to feel like top priority; small agile agencies are more personal when successful.
- Their analytical, project management, and communication skills are great.
- The procedure included formats for documents, sharing information, and specifications for how files needed to be delivered. Everything was in writing.
At the minimum, this portal should include:
- Approvals area: both client and Zenbox need to get their WP revisions approved before publishing live
- Need to find the right approvals software to pull in via API
- This could be the topic of weekly meetings for clients who prefer frequent personal interaction. Account manager meets with client to get approval for all proposed changes and see if they want to add anything.
- KPIs are tracked
- Conversions (must identify and track a conversion metric)
- Organic Search Traffic
- Keyword Positions compared to a few top competitors
Please see our Mural Brainstorming Board for up-to-date ideas on our Digital Innovation: Link to our Mural Board