We propose a web application for Zenbox clients to see their website’s ROI (with metrics tied to website improvements) and collaborate with Zenbox. The innovation will set Zenbox Marketing apart from competitors by creating transparency around the efforts and results of Zenbox’s ongoing website content marketing and optimization services. While no local competitors offer a portal for their clients, or claim to give this level of attention to website content, we did find some larger national agencies that provide similar services. Brandpoint content marketing agency has a hub for collaboration with clients. However, Brandpoint doesn’t talk about including analytics in their portal.
The portal will address the following problems that our target clients face:
Tracking Marketing ROI
Zenbox’s digital innovation will be a portal that shows the tangible results of Zenbox’s work optimizing websites. There is no shortage of softwares that offer website data reporting. Our goal is to guide the client by establishing a system for measuring ROI and matching KPIs to each website marketing activity. These metrics will be displayed in a customizable dashboard for quick analysis. Only a few most important KPIs will be included on the first login landing page, however if the client would like to dedicate more time to dive into the data; deeper and more granular data is available by clicking further into the portal.
The Analytics Tab shows the website’s ROI and several contributing metrics, including the ROI of each website improvement. Marketing Directors can dive into the analytics at a granular level to see KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) like organic search traffic, clicks to call, appointments scheduled and conversion rates. The analytics tab will also include data insights from Zenbox, written in natural language.
While the main problem Zenbox will solve is providing website marketing with a provable ROI, a major consideration factor for companies is the decision to outsource. A critical pain point we discovered is that marketing directors need full control over what is published on behalf of their company. However, they often make changes without consulting their SEOs that can be devastating to the performance of their website. We believe another key feature of the portal must be an area for approvals from both parties. Clients must approve everything that Zenbox wants to do to their website, and Zenbox must approve all client changes to the website.
The Job Board promotes collaboration between Zenbox and the client marketing team. Each website improvement receives a card, and cards move through the Ideas stage to In Progress, In Review and Approved. All users can upload text, images and comments directly to cards to keep communication organized.
The Content Calendar enables our clients to schedule approved website improvements in-sync with their organization’s timeline. It also displays the monthly strategy meeting with Zenbox and allows them to reschedule. Clients can also make Zenbox aware of events and seasonal promotions through the calendar.
This digital innovation will solve problems that were identified by interviews with small business organizations and small business owners / self-experiences.
- Vendors who’ve delivered less than desirable results or who are not transparent in their approach.
- Digital tools to track project progress and post project launch analytics would be ideal for directors who are responsible for all marketing activities. Especially when the director cannot dedicate a lot of time.
- Keep expectations on track. Problems arise when one party has different expectations than the other. The more you talk and document information the better.
The digital innovation will also reinforce the feedback on what clients find most valuable in agencies
- Agency Experts are especially valuable for communicating well and explaining the importance of different aspects of the website.
- Taking a scattered concept and reorganizing the information to deliver a high-quality product.
- Creative with a purpose – utilizing data to make informed decisions.
- Clients want to feel like top priority; small agile agencies are more personal when successful.
- Their analytical, project management, and communication skills are great.
- The procedure included formats for documents, sharing information, and specifications for how files needed to be delivered. Everything was in writing.