EpicTrek will utilize web and mobile applications to invite wandering adventurers to engage in an online questionnaire that results in trek options and information. Trek options are presented based on a pre-determined algorithm.
How it works
EpicTrek partners with Lemax, a third-party API that offers an end-to-end travel business process automation.
Lemax helps book flight tickets or products from third-party suppliers, manage customers profiles, fully automate sales processes, automate marketing efforts, manage accounts and gain full insight into the travel business.
Lemax will allow EpicTrek to add travel products such as accommodations, packages, entrance tickets, excursions and other activities, transfers, rent-a-car, vessels, cruises and much more.
Our research shows that families want to get out and go on an adventure. It also revealed that Moms do most of their vacation booking on a travel website, but many don’t know how or where to start. Unlike our competitors, EpicTrek plans to be the one-stop-adventure planning shop. The desktop experience is designed to give Zoe a more user-friendly Trek booking experience, and the mobile app encourages engagement with the EpicTrek community.
Peek has an efficient website for booking adventures but lacks the engagement of a community that can only come together through a mobile app.
Hipcamp offers adventure booking through a responsive website and mobile app. The app contains a community of Hipcampers but misses an opportunity for adventure education for those who don’t know how to start.
Tripadvisor is a great option for trip booking but lacks the focus on personalization and education for outdoor enthusiasts.
EpicTrek provides personalized recommendations for adventure seekers through a user-friendly responsive website and socially enabled mobile app.
- Gamifies and personalizes the adventure trip experience
- Provides consistent contact with the target throughout various steps in the planning process
- EpicTrek community provides support, advice, education and motivation for the target to continue on in their healthy lifestyle quest
- Ease of vacation booking from a computer
- Vacation booking, plus social photo and comment sharing through the mobile app
- Lemax integration eliminates overhead costs associated with travel booking commerce
- Third-party API relationship with Lemax eliminates customization of product listings and aggregated information
- Integrated systems (Lemax & EpicTrek) can be costly to maintain across two platforms
- Website and App could require two sets of development teams for maintenance and upgrades
The combination of digital experiences meets the needs of our target market who prefer to book vacations on a computer but desire community support and engagement that is preferred on the mobile app. Because Trek booking is our goal, most top of the funnel lead generation advertising will be targeted to desktop users.
EpicTrek is more than a one trail wonder. After our first year, EpicTrek will increase our geographic and virtual footprints on the adventure planning and conservation education landscape. We will increase our adventure planning radius from our current offerings, connect with more influencers to grow our digital network and we will also increase partnerships to offer new products for our customers.