It all started when Ryan was away traveling for work and realized that his 87-year old grandmother was about to get a planned surgery while he was gone. She needed a ride to and from the hospital and was told that she wasn’t allowed to use a ride sharing app such as Uber or Lyft. Ryan thought to himself, maybe there’s another option to solve this problem. He did some research and came across their local senior citizen shuttle, but that only ran on a specific schedule and his grandmother’s appointment was before the allotted hours. Even though Ryan was pretty tech-savvy, he couldn’t find anything on the web or any applications to solve his problem. He decided to come up with his own solution, and that’s how CareCar began.
To give customers peace of mind and control over the ridesharing experience while we safely transport their loved ones to medical and non-medical destinations with the use of our certified vehicles and medically trained drivers.
To be the world’s safest ridesharing company.
Currently, the ride sharing market has nothing that comes close to CareCar. They are mainly focused in highly populated areas like cities and their primary audience consists of anyone who is traveling from one place to another. In other words, it’s not solely based on health related issues, that aren’t emergencies. Secondly, Uber and Lyft drivers aren’t trained in specialized health training such as knowing CPR. A typical driver would be a medical professional such as a nurse, healthcare assistant, social worker and teachers who are looking to make extra money on the side.
There are two primary target markets for CareCar:
- Defined as consumers who need specialized transportation that includes an extra level of care for themselves or a loved one.
- Surgery outpatients
- Medical patients
- Aging seniors or adults with special-needs caregivers
- Parents of kids with disabilities
- Drivers with clean background checks and specialized training in things like first aid and CPR. Primarily drivers who have a medical or caregiving background (e.g. healthcare assistants, nurses, social workers, teachers) looking to make extra income.
What makes us different?
We have the ability to give peace of mind by allowing users to have control over the scheduling of the ride as well as GPS tracking and/or video viewing of the ride ensuring the safety of their loved one through an easy-to use app.
We also have a variety of vehicles that range from specially equipped para-transit vans to our driver’s cars. CareCar can accommodate any person with any special need!
Problems we solve:
- Vetted drivers alleviate the unknown of trusting a driver to take someone vulnerable to a specific place at a specific time (reliability, safety).
- People don’t have to take off or leave early to get kids from school or to practice or to take parents to appointments.
- Visual and tracking components offer a safer option than Uber and Lyft.
- Creates control over the trip for the person ordering the ride.
- Offers other revenue streams for carpool parents if they sign up to be a driver.
CareCar is beneficial to both Users and Drivers: