11/5 MobiVet Advisor Meeting Notes
Participants: Amy, Becca, Angi, Kiersten, Melissa, Brittany, Drew, Collene
Becca and Amy were thankful for the early preview of the prototype.
- It’s thorough, thoughtful and has lots of good detail
- Prototype looks great. Unless anything changed significantly, we are good to go with that.
Melissa asked a follow up question to her and Becca’s conversation regarding if timing becomes an issue, is it best to just show a facet of the prototype.
- Amy recommends that we walk through the desk to get a sense of timing.
- 20 minutes to present, 15 for presentation and 5 for questions. There will be a hard stop at 15 minutes.
- Prototype should be about ⅓ of the presentation, so about 5 minutes.
- Becca suggests only showing 1 of the 3 service types (maybe urgent)
- What’s most important to be shown during the presentation?
- All of the guts are there, maybe just rearrange the slides
- Make sure that we are telling a clear story and are not just sharing info because we have it.
- Don’t want audience to get bored or disengage.
- Our job is to make sure the listeners understand how all of the dots are connected.
- Since we know everything so well, we need to take it back to basics to make sure the listeners understand too.
- Make sure every slide is answering “so what?”
- Headlines should answers that. Instead of stating “The Problem” headline can read Busy Pet Owners Can’t get Pet Care
Since we have 4-5 weeks until final presentation, we really have time to tell our story. It was suggested that we start with 12 white squares and map out a storyboard with headlines, forgetting about all of our content. Then build the content. Add in transition statements to move from 1 key point to the next. Really think through each slide.
Every good pitch starts with a problem- the magnitude and revenue potential
Deck should include high level- target market, potential customers, competitive landscape, how we are different, customer acquisition
We started with a bang and are continuing! All of our deliverables have been engaging.
Our wordpress site is well organized and has all of the necessary info. Maybe just add a few more pictures.