We investigated the hungry gamer’s journey throughout his or her cooking process. Based on our findings, we can conclude that American foodies’ strongest age bracket falls within 40 to 50 years. International food and beverage marketing and communications agency, Sopexa notes a recommended target of parents and women aged 35+ years. This infographic maps out four phases of a food enthusiast’s cooking process: the discovery stage, the creation stage, the bonding stage and the share and advocate stage.
Stage 1: Discover
Stage 2: Create
53% of cooking enthusiasts learn to cook by experimenting or through trial and error.
Stage 3: Bond
62% of cooking enthusiasts learn to cook from a parent.
Stage 4: Share & Advocate
More than 14 million Instagram users post to the platform using the hashtag #cooking.
Sources – All statistics were mined from the following studies:
- Cooking Enthusiasts – US – November 2015. Mintel Group Ltd.
- 1,816 internet users aged 18+ who like to cook, Lightspeed GMI/Mintel
- Foodie Study, USA Results. Sopexa. For full report, contact: Marguerite de Chaumont-Quiltry
- Cooper, Jeremy. “Google Cooking Trends among Millennials: Welcome to the Digital Kitchen.” 2015 June. Google.
- Infographic built with individual vector files derived from freepik.com, reserving all rights to the website from which they were found.