The pandemic has really made an impact on our mobile world and how we use technology. When our country was on lockdown,
these companies needed to find a way to continue their work, but from home. Everyone resorted to using some sort of mobile device and technology which made working from anywhere so accessible. If you think about it, we always have a mobile device at the palm of our hands, making our lives so much more convenient and allows us to do just about anything from anywhere with the help of our mini computers… aka our cell phones. This has made mobile communication a key component in our everyday workplace. Here are nine ways to help you communicate with your employees better in a world that is all about communicating through mobile and technology.
- Communicate real time with workers on the move. Meaning just because someone is working remotely, doesn’t mean you should keep them in the dark about work. They should have access to everything they would in the office.
- Get updates on operational procedures and guidelines to employees quickly. Since everything is so advanced and technology is at the palm of our hands, there is no reason for any procedures or guidelines to be in the dark. Get this information out as soon as possible to your employees
- Communicate time-sensitive critical crises communications to your remote teams. Whether you are in the workplace or working from a remote location, you should know if there is a crisis happening in the building. Making sure your employees are all on the same page at all times is very important.
- Get regular feedback from your teams. When you have employees working from a remote location and in the workplace, it’s important to get everyone’s feedback on how the work environment is working for everyone.
- Communicate success stories and best practices to create a positive work vibe. Everyone should be sharing their own stories and experiences in the workplace so that it opens up a positive work environment for everyone to feel comfortable sharing ideas.
- Use data analytics to understand communication patterns better. With the data and technology we have, finding data on your subject is not hard at all. This is a job that employees in the workplace and working remote can both find accessible.
- Automate routine information dissemination. With the help from our apps and technology, we can get information out to our employees in no time which helps us all communicate and stay on the same page.
- Social recognition of frontline employees and remote workers. It is always good to give your employees the recognition that they deserve. Throwing them a little party at the end of a big project or even giving them a little reward is always a great way to continue the positive work environment.
- Bridge communication gaps caused by language barriers. If you need to communicate with someone in a different language, it is good to have a few employees who can translate or having a communications software to help translate will be very beneficial.
With that being said, all of these nine key points help you better communicate with your employees. It is all about teamwork and getting the job done and that doesn’t happen without communication. Now that we have ways to communicate with each other through mobile, it makes our jobs so much more accessible and can do the job from just about anywhere.
Leave a Reply