10% of grade
What’s in it for You? Get hands-on experience with one of the most popular social media management platforms out there: Hootsuite. And, show the world your qualifications with an official Hootsuite Platform certification to post on your LinkedIn profile!
Instructions & How to Optimize Your Grade:
You will need a Hootsuite account in order to become certified. Please follow these steps:
- Fill out this form (you will be e-mailed a coupon code to access the $99 course for FREE)
- Sign up for a Hootsuite account if you don’t yet have one.
- Review the Hootsuite Platform Training Guides.
- Feel free to tweet @hootsuite and @hootcommunity while you learn how to use the Hootsuite Platform.
- When you’re Hootsuite savvy, take the Hootsuite Certification exam.
- Please upload the email you receive from Hootsuite Education to Canvas upon successfully completing certification. The email you receive from Hootsuite Education will say “Hey [your name], you’re certified!” in the subject. Please also attach a jpg or PDF of your Hootsuite Academy Assessment.
Deadline: October 24. TIP! Please consider completing this early in the semester to balance out your workload with other assignments and capstone deliverables.
Evaluation Criteria: This is an all-or-nothing completion grade. You will earn 100% on this assignment if you complete it on time. You will earn 0% if you do not.
What if I’m already certified or use another social media publishing platform for my day job? There are lots of social media management & publishing systems, many of which are similar in function. The most important thing we’re looking for students to gain through certification is a proven understanding of the principles behind such tools, including the people and processes that organizations need in order to use them effectively.
If you are already Hootsuite certified or are using another social media publishing platform for your day job, you may propose an alternative assignment. You must propose this alternative no later than Sept. 15. If your proposal is approved, it will be due Oct. 24.
An example of an acceptable alternative assignment: Completion of an e-Portfolio post of 500 words or more with supporting images about your personal experience using social media publishing platforms and informed by other Hootsuite Academy training.