Social Llamma is a start-up that is looking to make the going out process much more efficient and enjoyable.
The company was inspired by Uwishunu, a product of VISIT PHILADELPHIA™ and a favorite place to get information about where to go and what to do in Philly. Uwishunu has become a go-to resource for the latest in the area’s events, restaurants, festivals, bars, museums, music, performing arts, and hotels. The site encompasses everything from happy hours, pop-up bars, museum openings, and other special events, with a mission to supply its users with the latest happenings, increase tourism and instill its residents with pride in their city.
However, a key feature that Uwishunu lacks is a live stream of what is going on at any given moment in order to ensure that anywhere you go is exactly what you’re looking for in terms of food, drink, price, atmosphere, and crowd size.
That’s where Social Llamma comes in.
Using Social Llamma’s services, organizations like Uwishunu would be able to tailor their experience even further and capitalize on missed opportunities by allowing users to view a live feed of local happy hours and events. Through the Social Llamma app, users are able to see popular promotions and deals, crowd size, etc. all in real time.
This presents an exciting opportunity, as finding a bar or restaurant and knowing it’s current atmosphere typically isn’t possible through a blog, or through applications like OpenTable or Yelp.
Our mission is to create an app that connects patrons with their preferred night out by gathering user data in real time at participating Philly-based bars, restaurants and social gathering establishments in order to help them size up their ideal outing every time without wasting any time at less-than-stellar spots.
Our aim is to become the go-to service when looking for a night out.
Users of our app will always find their ideal experience in real-time, including:
Our target audience includes men and women ages 21-40
who are Philadelphia residents and tourists to the area.
Check out two of our potential customers below!
Meet Benjamin, a 34-year-old financial analyst visiting Philadelphia on a business trip. Benjamin is in a committed relationship and when he goes out he looks for a relaxed lunch, dinner, or happy hour spot. He likes to find the right price and atmosphere to entertain his clients. You can find him going to live shows, taking his girlfriend on a date, traveling for business, catching up with friends or indulging in a craft beer or whiskey. On date nights and client outings, he looks for higher-end bars, but when he’s with the boys he’s at your local dive bar. In his free time, he scrolls through apps like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, GQ, ESPN, and Forbes.
Meet Britney, a 23-year-old college graduate living in Philadelphia. Britney is single and enjoying her new found freedom in the city making connections both professionally and socially. New to her role as a Marketer, she is also somewhat career-focused. Britney spends her time traveling and visiting friends, doing yoga, and brunching. A social media addict, she is constantly checking her Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Bumble apps. When making plans with friends, Britney is sure to check websites like UWishUNu to find out what fun events are going on in the city. She makes a reservation on Open Table then quickly reviews the experience on Yelp. Her main goal is to enjoy her time as a young adult in Philadelphia.
• Bus shelters with QR codes in Philly
• Local Radio (104.5 Philadelphia’s Alternative Rock, Today’s 96.5)
• Mentions on Podcasts that our target market listens to.
• Local: Dan and Dan Music Podcast, Twisted Philly
• Future Growth: Guys We F***ed, Unqualified,
School of Greatness, The Art of Charm
• Coasters handed out to bars/restaurants that have the QR code on them
that takes you to the app store and Social Llamma app download.
• Promo parties at Philly bars that invite press and bloggers.
• Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat (Organic and Paid)
• Each platform has a specific purpose. Some will focus more on sharing content from our app and others will focus more on interacting with audience and showing off behind the scenes at Social Llamma.
• Blog posts with informative content about the best spots to go out in Philly, what events happened over the weekends and what events and openings to look forward to.
• Email marketing content strategy involves sending out emails twice per week with information on what’s coming up and events that already happened to induce a fear of missing out in readers. There will also be single message emails sent out as reminders to check-in at bars/restaurants, partnerships/promo messaging, etc.
• SEO and Paid