SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCES
Exceptionally talented and multi‐dimensional senior acquisition professional, warranted contracting officer, strategic planner, and team leader with over twenty‐two years of successful experience in all facets of leadership, contract development, administration, vendor oversight, information technology solutions, construction, management and application of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the DFARS.
- Provides business advice and guidance to executive management on procurement issues which led to the Government receiving best value solutions.
- Exceptional in translating customer requirements and overseeing the federal contracting process to consistently surpass operating goals.
- Identifies risks and inconsistency in program execution for senior executives and stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of enterprise-wide functionalities which focus on operation improvements, cost reductions, alignment of business systems, and strategies that provides value to the customers and stakeholders.
- Offer a rare combination of superior interpersonal and human relations skills coupled with the unique ability to coordinate group efforts toward attainment of common goals.
- Performed duties as a Contracting Officer for complex acquisitions while remaining focused on providing exceptional customer service.
- Well versed in the analysis of contracting policies and procedure implementation.
- A confident decision maker that effectively managed budgets and meets An articulate communicator with effective written, presentation, and negotiation skills. Skilled in MS Office Suite, Oracle Solutions, PD2, PCF, and FPDS‐NG.
- Know and understand worth and dignity of subordinates and successfully integrate this human element into daily leadership.
Drexel University ‐ Philadelphia, PA, 2015
M.B.A – Business Administration
Campbell University ‐ Buies Creek, NC, 1999
Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems
Villanova University – Villanova, PA, 2015
Masters Certificate – Commercial Contract Management
Villanova University – Villanova, PA, 2016
Masters Certificate – Lean Six Sigma
Federal Acquisition Certification – Contracting (FAC‐C) Level III
Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) – Contracting Level III
Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) – Program Management Level I
- Awarded the Bronze Star for performance during Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) – 2005
- Nominated for the General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award – 2003
- Recipient of the Charles Kilbourne Leadership Award for the Signal/ Telecommunications Captains Career Course – 2000
- Recipient of the Charles Kilbourne Leadership Award for the Signal/Telecommunications Officer Basic Course – 1995
- Honor Graduate ‐ Signal Warrant Officers Basic Course – Communications Security (COMSEC) Technicians Course – 1992
- United States Army Acquisition Corps Member – 2009
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Member – 2015
July 2015 – Present Office of Personnel Management, Philadelphia, PA
Lead Contracting Officer/Contracts Manager
Duties: Provides direct oversight and supervision of the acquisition process as the Lead for a team of 4 to 6 Contract Specialist’s with the Office of Personnel Management and performs duties associated with contract formulation, administration, monitoring of contract performance, negotiation of necessary contracts, and associated modifications to ensure satisfactory progress and completion of contract activities.
September 2012 – July 2015 Federal Emergency Management Agency – PA
Lead Contracting Officer/Contracts Manager
Duties: Served as the Regional Contracting Officer for FEMA Region III located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that provides cradle to grave contracting and administrative support for five (5) states (Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C.).
January 2010 – September 2012 Army Contracting Command ‐ Doha, Qatar
Supervisory Contract Specialist
Duties: Procurement Branch Chief performing day‐to‐day supervisory management of team’s workload by ensuring assigned procurement actions were completed. Oversaw and reviewed work products of a subordinate staff and provided technical guidance.
December 2009 – April 2010 CACI International, Inc., Philadelphia, PA
Acquisition Analyst/Contract Specialist
Duties: Member of an acquisition team providing support to the National Park Service Northeast Regional Contracting Office. Developed agency‐wide processes and standards for collection, tracking, analysis, and dissemination of cost and schedule data; prepares formal reports and presentations for review and approval by the Director of Contracting; and outreach and coordination with government and industry stakeholders to discuss and review policies and best practices.
January 2007 – November 2009 603rd SR Contingency Contracting Team – Hawaii
Lead Contract Management Officer
Duties: Lead Contingency Contracting Officer for US Army Pacific (USARPAC) Sustainment Brigade and 25th Infantry Division (Light). Team Leader of a 4 person contracting cell while serving as the primary advisor to executive management on all matters related to the development of contracts.
October 2005 – December 2006 Army Contracting Command ‐ Doha, Qatar
Lead Contracting Officer/Contract Specialist
Duties: Lead Contracting Officer for US Army Contracting Command ‐ Qatar. Managed and coordinated with government organizations that have several contracting actions being conducted concurrently.
January 2005 –September 2005 Headquarters, 125th Signal Battalion – Hawaii
Division Telecommunications Officer/Deputy G6
Duties: As the Divisions’ Telecommunications/Signal Officer, I oversaw the administrative functions, resources, and services in support of management, program goals and objectives, particularly in fiscal management, human capital and personnel management, analysis and information technology; and other administrative area for and/on behalf of the 25th Infantry Division Commander.
September 2002 –January 2005 Alpha Company, 125th Signal Battalion – Hawaii
Duties: Commander of a Tactical Signal Communications Company in the 25th Infantry Division. Provided reliable communications support for a portion of the command and control communications network that supports the 25th Infantry Division (Light) world‐wide contingency mission. Led and managed complex, multi‐disciplinary teams while directing and supervising the activities of a subordinate staff. Directly responsible for the readiness, training, operations, and welfare of a 139 Soldier company which included the care and maintenance of vehicles, generators, and communications equipment valued at over $50 Million.
Successfully deployed a company task force to Afghanistan in order to support the Global War on Terror through the conduct of combat operations. Awarded the Bronze Star for leadership actions during the deployment.
ACQUISITION & PROCUREMENT TRAINING
|ACQ 101 Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management||2005|
|ACQ 201 Intermediate Systems Acquisition||2005|
|CON 100 Shaping Smart Business Arrangements||2005|
|CON 110 Mission Support Planning||2005|
|CON 111 Mission Planning Execution||2005|
|CON 112 Mission Performance Assessments||2006|
|CON 120 Mission Focused Contracting||2005|
|CON 202 Intermediate Contracting||2006|
|CON 204 Intermediate Contract Pricing||2006|
|CON 210 Legal Considerations in Contracting||2006|
|CON 218 Advanced Contracting for Mission Support||2008|
|CON 234 Contingency Contracting||2008|
|CON 237 Simplified Acquisition Procedures||2006|
|CON 243 Architecture and Engineering Contracting||2007|
|CON 244 Construction Contracting||2007|
|CON 353 Advanced Business Solutions for Mission Support||2009|
|HBS 201 Harvard Business School 201 – Budgeting||2007|
|HBS 241 Harvard Business School 241 – Hiring||2007|
|HBS 127 Harvard Business School 127 – Assessments||2007|
|CON 222 Contracting Officer Technical Representative Training||2015|
Over the past 12 years, I have served as the principal contracting and business advisor to executives in multiple agencies, task groups, panels and other forums involving intra‐and interagency participation for the purposes of policy development and coordination of activities of the Department of the Army, the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). Communicated and coordinated with external Federal agencies including state and local governments, major prime contractors, small businesses and educational institutions. Coordinated and executed industry outreach events in order to maximize competition of small business acquisitions. I possess an uncanny ability to function effectively in highly sensitive, high stress environments and provide sound business advice to senior level leadership and customers. A proven leader who leads from the front and excels at leading personnel, counseling and motivating organizational members to perform at their highest levels of potential to accomplish the mission.
Security Clearance: Top Secret SCI and Secret
Military Schools: Airborne, Ranger, Jumpmaster, Pathfinder, and Combined Arms Services Staff School.