- NCHS Leading Causes of Death in the US dataset from Data.gov
- Data highlights 16 causes of death ranging from chronic diseases and conditions to human controlled (i.e. homicide) causes of death from 1999 to 2015.
- Dataset includes age-adjusted death rate.
- I focused on assault (homicide), intentional self-harm (suicide) and unintentional injuries (accidents) for this assignment because I think these deaths have a higher chance of being preventable.
- I also wanted to see where all the causes and deaths stood in the state of PA. Using Tableau and the Pivot tables
- I wanted to analyze where PA stood (highest year) and which states had the highest and lowest numbers in these three categories.