Hi there! If you’re local to Philadelphia, I just received the below from the Phillies. A few faculty attended last year and it was a fun event!
On Monday, Sept. 17 we are hosting our Phillies #CollegeSeries Business Analytics Night, giving college students (and professors) the chance to go behind-the-scenes with top business analytics executives from the Phillies and Major League Baseball. The event includes a Networking Hour, a great opportunity to speak to those looking to hire a Phillies organizational intern, business analytics and part-time IT associate.
Phillies #CollegeSeries Business Analytics Night, Monday, Sept. 17; Networking Hour 4-5pm; Panel 5-6:15pm; Game 7:05 pm vs. Mets
• Learn from Phillies & MLB Business Analytics execs during a moderated q&a session. Panelists: Charles Nixon, MLB Director, Enterprise Business & Data; Josh Barbieri, Phillies Director, Business Intelligence; Chris Pohl, Phillies Director, Ticket Technology and Development; Gregg Murphy, Broadcaster (moderator).
• Hear from a Phillies player about his college and major league experience.
• Practice networking with Phillies/MLB executives during a Networking Hour. Special guests include Gary “Sarge” Matthews, 1983 NLCS MVP.
• Take #Selfies with the 2008 & 1980 World Series Trophies.
• Watch that night’s Phillies-Mets game from Section 241-245 (a ticket value of $30). Ticket price includes $12 worth of concession credit.
• First time Uber riders attending #CollegeSeries: Enjoy $15 off your first Uber ride! Use code PHILSCOLLEGESUMMIT.
Registration: $30 (includes game ticket and $12 concession credit). Full details at phillies.com/collegeseries. The event is limited to 200 students (last year’s events sold out). Thanks again – and Go Phils!