Mentor Meeting Notes- Oct. 3
Present for Meeting: Angi, Drew, Kiersten, Brittany, Melissa and Collene with Debbie (Mentor)
Review Digital Analysis and Data/Process Model
Start with Data and Process Model– only has a few comments
- Be consistent, remove cat
- Really good stats
- Likes the way we are looking at the data
- 1 question- why separated millennials? Is that because millennials are the only or primary target audience? We did this because they are the largest pet ownership in the US. Has the potential to have the most likelihood to disrupt. Make sure Gen Y and Millennial is consistent. Use Millennials because that is more commonly used. Focus on wide range in millennial piece.
- Brittany- add page numbers, please
- Make sure human charts are indicated as such.
- Should we do a trending graph? Yes- good idea. There were 2 places to do that.
- Brittany and Drew need to make sure that their process models are the same.
- Brittany is going to do a swim lane to show the end-to-end. Debbie is happy to review that before we submit.
- This look really good to show the opportunity at hand.
- Drew- API or hosted? We are leaning toward an API. There are a few companies in the vet industry that do this. We will add this. Anything data related should be API.
- Process payment should be a different part of the app. Should have it’s own space.
- Drew and Brittany need to talk about registration process.
- Debbie has not seen video conferencing integration on other apps. Might be licensing fees. We need to investigate that. What works across other platforms. May want to do them native to the OS- FaceTime and the equivalent on Android. Check sirius and bixby.
- Building your own review can be expensive. Check bizarrevoice
- Check 3rd parties or talk to app developers about native apps.
- Browser based is less expensive. – by $15K overall
- Hybrid vs. Native
- Can build all 3 at the same time. Something to consider.
- Look at iconic and see what has been built and what has been successful. It’s great to look into that, would be thinking ahead.
- SEO factor- better response and customer accrual? Debbie will do some research for us. She built her app from a website specifically because she didn’t want people to come to the site and have to download an app. Successful apps either went viral or have large marketing budgets. SEO is browser based. SEO would need to be on our splash page. Lots of negotiating will have to happen in the app store if they allow SEO
- Based on our team conversation before the mentor meeting, we will optimize our site with the right keyword search terms so our site is found.
- B2B and B2C- how will vets finds us? (this is a marketing plan initiative for another conversation)
- Should lean toward browser based vs. app- people don’t only use their mobile phones, millennials might, but our demo is bigger than that. (We have data on mobile usage. Even Baby Boomers are using apps and their mobile phones: more than 65%)
- Hosting costs- AWS- if API based and we aren’t pulling in a lot of data, our hosting cost should be lower. AWS probably has the best opportunity for scalability, but might cost more.
- Debbie’s hosting cost for her app- $5000/year, her developers are telling her that won’t increase until she gets closer to 100K users
- Need to think about domain name cost.
- Are we trademarking the name?
- Need DNS
- If hosting cost is around $7500 that would cover ancillary costs.
- Going forward there will be initial development fees, but we don’t have to worry about that now.
- Competitor looks good, future outlook looks good. Architecture needs to match. Drew’s is more back-end and Brittany covers more flow and high-level overview. Put them together and we will have something pretty robust.
- We are considering user Proto.io rather than invision for our prototype.
- Letter to company leaders – this is really a letter to investors for us, since this is a new product/service
- Deck should be mission and financial based
- Debbie wants to see update to wire frame- last page of both Brittany and Drew’s deliverables.
- 8:00 on Oct. 22 is our next meeting