Meeting date | time Sept 8th, 2017 | 12:00pm-12:35pm Meeting location Webex
Meeting called by
|David and the Team|
Type of meeting
|Discuss project ideas|
|Anthony, Meg, Crystal, Kristin|
Time allotted | 12:03 | Agenda topic Overview and revenue model idea
- Brief introduction of the team members
- Kristin, Anthony and Crystal went over the project proposal
- David asks revenue model. Who’s going to pay for the service? What’s the cost for management company?
Is there enough ROI for the service? What’s the market looks like for rentals?
- Landlords should probably pay for credit checks, etc.
- Rentals are on the upswing while boomers are looking to downsize and millennials buying homes later and renting longer
- Can this be better than a property management company?
– We have automation, sophistication, cut out the middle man
- Price point is going to be important – like Ubr and Lyft
Closing and Action Points:
- We will research on market trends, bring insight from property management experience from Anthony and Crystal
- Streamline application process by including tools (such as betting apt)
- Value added-organize virtual property site by centralization
Time allotted | 12:15 | Agenda topic Ideas and comments from David
- David commented we can address issues and challenges
- Question: What else are out there? How new, how unique? We can do research, survey.
- Storyboard for a solution
- How the apps interact each other and come together as a system? How it would look for the renter and landlord?
- Contact information for service providers
- Differentiators: centralized and simplified property management, virtual tours to streamline search process
- We could simulate by cards, post-it notes, give a change to test an idea
Time allotted | 12:20 | Agenda topic User interface. What are we collecting?
- Can we offer our data on landlords and renter together to 3rd parties? -renters insurance advertised -service providers -advertisers -real time bidding for plumbers – vetted contractors landlords can contact in event of service request from the renter – value add -enter your address of work, gym, grocery store, pharmacy, schools, crime data – data overlays with this info for the renters
- Revenue from advertising
- Partnership opportunities
- Airbnb style interface
Closing and Action Points:
Do research on design. Go to our competitor sites and look at what design elements we like and don’t like. Our platform can help market your rental property, not just a place to show your rental – it can help you get more, high quality renters! It helps renters understand the neighborhood and surroundings (ex. Realtor.com)
Time allotted | 12:30 | Agenda topic Data and Process model
- Meg asks recommendation for tool to collect data (Tableau, Pivot table, R etc…) and what data to collect
- David recommended “Power BI” by Microsoft and what data to collect is based on what story we want to tell